Join Us as we Empower Parents and Guardians!
FRCC will be holding a parenting workshop entitled, “Communicating Effectively With Children and School Officials.”
It’s All About Parenting Responsibilities on Saturday, Sept. 20, 2014 from 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
All the fun an learning will take place at Lincoln University Cooperative Extension, 9041 Riverview Dr., St. Louis, MO, 63137.
- Learn the importance of being available for your children
- Learn how to initiate a conversation
- Let your children know you are listening – understanding their point of view
- Learn how to respond in a way your children will hear
- Learn some developmental tips and techniques about your children as they age
- Learn how to communicate with school officials
- Find out the importance of supporting school policies, staff
- Learn more about FRCC’s Group Mentoring Program for ages 8-17
- Learn about Lincoln’s University Cooperative Extension’s after school programs
A limited number of school supplies such as dictionaries and calculators will be available Massages, back to school vouchers for school physicals, light snacks, beverages and resources provided for those who attend the entire workshop.
For additional information, please call 314 397-7325 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is appreciative and the form can be Emailed or mailed to Family Resources and Community Connections, Incorporated, 7220 North Lindbergh Blvd., Box 38, Hazelwood, MO, 63042.